This firefighter academy started on January 4, 2021 and will complete their training on February 12, 2021
All six of the recruits are graduates of Fresno City College Fire Academy and four were Student Interns with North Central Fire Protection District.
- Korey Dubell: I was born in Southern California and raised in Fresno. After graduating high school, I joined the United States Army, where I served for 5 years. After two deployments to Iraq, I returned home and married my wife Erin in 2012. We have two beautiful daughters, Olivia and Riley. I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, snowboarding, and golfing with my brother. I am grateful for this opportunity to work at North Central and look forward to building new relationships.
- Kenneth Gauer: I was born and raised in Fresno. I graduated from Bullard High School in 2015, and currently attend Fresno City College working towards my associate’s degree. I’m 24 years old and have been engaged to my fiancé Allison for a little over a year. In my free time I enjoy snowboarding and wakeboarding (depending on the season), I also enjoy golfing. I look forward to getting the opportunity to work with and get to know everyone.
- Dylan Leedy: I grew up in Orosi California where I attended Orosi High School. I was inspired by my grandpa who also was in the fire service (CalFire) and chose to pursue this career for myself. I attended the Fresno City College fire academy in spring 2020, class 53. Right after I began interning at NCFPD Station 55 while serving tables on the side. I love watching and playing sports such as football, tennis, basketball, ping pong, pool, etc. I'm a diehard Denver Broncos fan but I can stay unbiased when talking about football in general. I'm looking forward to working with you all and meeting those who I haven't met yet.
- Nico Papaleo: I was born and raised in Clovis. After graduating from Clovis High, I attended Fresno State where I received a bachelor’s degree in business management. In 2019 I married my wife Jackie. We have two dogs named Pepper and Brutus. In my off time, I enjoy playing golf, hunting, and numerous other outdoor activities. I look forward to meeting those I have yet to come in contact with, and am excited for the opportunity to work with everyone.
- Dustin Pillor: I was born in Clovis California and was raised on a small family farm on the outskirts of Sanger. I attended Sanger High School and graduated in 2006. Shortly after high school graduation I began working for the U.S. Forest Service until 2018. Following the Forest Service, I also spent time at American Ambulance and CalFire. I enjoy spending my free time outdoors. My favorite hobbies are fishing, boating, hunting, trap shooting, and camping. I’m excited to be part of the department and can’t wait to get to know everyone here better.
- Chantel Wiggins: I am from Fresno and have been in the sport of tennis my whole life. I played 4 years of collegiate tennis at Fresno State where I earned my bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. This December I will have been married to my wife Allyson for 10 years and have two adorable sons Maverick (6) and Marshall (4). My current hobby has been playing women’s professional tackle football. Firefighting has been a passion of mine for almost 15 years and I am so excited to join the North Central Fire family.