This firefighter academy started on March 10, 2021 and their training was completed on April 15, 2021
All eight of the recruits are graduates of Fresno City College Fire Academy and two were Student Interns with North Central Fire Protection District.
- Bryce Colman: I graduated from Clovis North High School in 2014. Growing up, I have gained a lot of mechanical experience working on projects with my dad, one being my 1967 Camaro, which I still have. I have been with my high school sweetheart for eight years, and we are finally engaged looking to get married this year. In my off-time, I enjoy camping at the beach, mountains, and desert. I have a dirt bike and an SxS, so I’m always looking to get out of town and have some fun.
- Eduardo Gomes: I am 28 years old, go by EJ. I live in Fresno with my wife and two dogs. Some of my hobbies include drumming, teaching drums, hanging out with friends, and video games. I'm a pretty easy-going guy and have a good sense of humor. I'm excited to be part of the team and look forward to my future with this department.
- Jason Lum: . I am 22 years old, born and raised in Clovis. I attended Clovis Unified Schools and played baseball through my junior year at Clovis High School, where I graduated in 2017. I recently moved into my own house with my girlfriend of 3 years, Skyler, and our dog GB. My house keeps me pretty busy but when I have free time I enjoy building and riding vintage two-stroke jet skis, snowboarding, and general tinkering (cars, woodworking, metal fabrication, etc.). I am very excited to have the opportunity to work here and look forward to meeting everyone.
- Esteban Miranda: I am 26 years old, born and raised in Clovis. I currently have no kids, wife, or girlfriend. I love anything outdoors, from wakeboarding to dirt biking and hiking. I was previously in the military and had a great time being all over the world. I can’t wait to meet and look forward to working with all of you.
- Alonso Mora Montes: I am 27 years old and go by Mora. I was born and raised in Tulare County, and now I live in Cutler/Orosi. I'm the first in my family to obtain a professional career, and I'm currently helping my brother follow in my footsteps. I enjoy everything that has to do with being outdoors except heights. As far as education, I'm currently enrolled as a full-time student at Fresno City College to get my associate's in fire technology. My most recent work experience would be working in CalFire for two seasons in the Tulare Unit. I have also worked as an extra-help firefighter with Tulare County Fire Department for roughly 5 years. I have also worked in construction for almost 2 years (roofing and remodeling). I'm excited to learn everything North Central Fire has to offer.
- Travis Muirhead: I was born and raised in Grand Island, NE where I spent the majority of my life. I grew up hunting, fishing, and playing baseball. I also spent a lot of time skateboarding. After graduating from high school, I joined the Navy. I spent a couple of years down in San Diego, then transferred up to Lemoore, CA. I met my girlfriend when I was stationed in Lemoore and then moved to Clovis because she was born and raised there. My hobbies include hunting, hiking, camping, rock climbing, and taking the trucks and side by side out to the 4x4 trails and dunes. I usually spend my weekends hanging out with buddies over a bonfire and enjoy grilling out and having a good time.
- Nathanial Olvera: I am 24 years old and from Fresno, CA. I have lived in Fresno pretty much my whole life. I am currently single and have no kids, but I do have a husky dog named Koa. In my free time, I like either watching or playing soccer, baseball or football. I’ve played soccer and baseball since I was a kid all the way to the end of high school and a little baseball in college at West Hills in Coalinga while obtaining my Associates Degree in Criminal justice. I’m glad that I have gotten the opportunity to come back to North Central where I started out as an intern. I’m looking forward to working and getting to know you all.
- Samuel Slosman: . I am 30 years old and have been married for 3 years, but we have been together for 11 years. I have two dogs, one chocolate lab, and a miniature pit bull. I have been living in Fresno for the past 11 years, where we bought our first house last year. I recently completed the paramedic program with CCEMSA. I enjoy being outdoors, love endurance-based events like Spartan Racing and GoRuck. I also recently got my motorcycle license and I like riding through the foothills of Fresno. I look forward to working with you all.