A Fire Plans Review is the process of reviewing construction plans to ensure that new construction meets fire and life safety standards set forth by the NFPA, the State of California, and the City, County, or other jurisdictions within North Central Fire Protection District. The review helps determine whether or not a building’s planned protective systems are adequate for the hazard anticipated as its occupancy, and that all local requirements are met from day one.
CITY OF KERMAN PLAN REVIEW PROCESS
For Plans submitted in the City of Kerman the process is as follows:
- Applicant submits plans to the City of Kerman building department and a permit number is assigned.
- The City of Kerman sends plans out to a third-party plan reviewer.
- Plans are “Reviewed for Code Compliance” by the third-party plan reviewer and sent back to the city.
- The project will then require plan review by North Central Fire Protection District (NCFPD), you may use the attached plans that state, “Reviewed for Code Compliance” by the third-party plan reviewer to submit to NCFPD directly, by PDF or in person only. PDF plans should be submitted to the fire prevention email below.North Central Fire Protection District: 15850 W. Kearney Blvd, Kerman, CA 93630 | Office: (559) 878-4560 | Fire.Prevention@NorthCentralFire.org
- North Central Fire will contact the applicant once the plan review is completed and ready for pickup.
- Applicant will pay for plan review, pick up plans and either: obtain fire permit and job card or have a letter stating no fire review required.
- Applicant will then submit plans back to the City of Kerman to complete the City’s process of obtaining a building permit.
- For more information on the plans process in the City of Kerman please see a link to the attached Memorandum Memo 2021_01 Plan Distribution and Review Standard Procedure
For All Projects/Plans NOT in the City of Kerman the process is as follows:
- Applicant will print (2) copies of the proposed plans, all supporting documents (Calculations, spec sheets, etc.), and a plan review application and deliver or mail to North Central Fire Protection District Headquarters. Note: Plan review applications can be found HERE or can be submitted online below, and/or at our Headquaters located at 15850 W. Kearney Blvd, Kerman Ca, 93630.
- North Central Fire will accept the plans and prepare them for review by a third party plan reviewer. Plans will be picked up every Thursday at noon. The Districts strives to meet a 21-day turnaround time from the time plans are dropped off to when the applicant is notified plans are ready for pickup.
- NOTE: If plans are dropped off later than 1530 on Wednesday afternoon, the plans wont be processed and picked up until the next week.
- During the review process comments or notes on the plans will be directly discussed between the third-party plan reviewer and the applicant.
- Once approved the third-party reviewer will deliver plans to the fire prevention division.
- The prevention division will then create an invoice for the review, a job card, fire permit and notify the applicant that plans are ready for pickup.
- Payment can only be made by CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER at the fire prevention counter located at North Central Fire Protection District headquarters.
- Once payment is received plans, permit, and job card will be transferred to the applicant. Job cards MUST remain on site with plans that are wet stamped and a PDF copy of the wet stamped plans must be received by Fire.Prevention@NorthCentralFire.org to receive your final inspection.
For instructions on how to Request an Inspection or contact NCFPD directly at 559-878-4560.
Plan Review Application
(This form must be completed with all plans submitted)
Permit fees are due upon approval of plans. A representative from our office will be in contact with you to provide plan status. We do not provide plan status during the plan review period. Plan review may take up to 21 business days for each review (including resubmittals)